Saturday, June 4, 2011

More Farmer's Market fun

A wonderful new friend took me on a beautiful tour of the Santa Monica Farmer's Market on Wednesday. I was seriously in luck, because the girl might as well be the mayor of the market, she knows every stand and every vendor! As you might expect, I walked away with armloads of flowers...and some edibles I've been dying to try in arrangements:


My "workstation"


And the end result: that's a little experiment with garden roses, cornflowers, sweet peas, kale, and arugula blossoms. Yum! And the little white and yellow ones aren't camomile as originally thought, but Feverfew, which the vendor said is great for easing migraines.




The second arrangement was a height experiment*, which ended up looking like a trophy that Brooklyn won. Probably for being so awesome.

I'm going to leave you with one more garden rose shot, because I can't resist them!


* I'm trying to overcome my floral acrophobia (floracrophobia?!?)! It ain't easy people. 


1 comment:

  1. Is this how we should come to expect all salads to be served at the Friedmans'? xoxo.

    ReplyDelete