Monday, May 9, 2011

Back from a floral expedition

Hi kids.



Olga here to tell you about my recent trip up to Portland...I was lucky enough to take a three-day wedding flower crash course with THE Françoise Weeks. As far as I'm concerned, everything Françoise touches turns to gold, and I have been inspired by her work for ages. I must admit I was a little star-struck upon meeting her. Of course Françoise turned out to be as sweet as can be, a fabulous teacher, and very generous with sharing all she has learned in her years in the flower business. You MUST check out her website, and her blog! And if you're ever in Portland, you have to stop by and say hello, or better yet, take a class with this treasure-trove of information. (Doesn't hurt that the class takes place in quite possibly the most adorable studio that ever existed.)

Here are a some of the arrangements I got to make during our class. I couldn't be happier with the results, and so happy to have had the pleasure of watching one of my idols at work. The only thing that could have made this trip better is if Lili had come with...but that's what next time is for!

On to the flowers!

My woodland arrangement:



A vase "network" arrangement:



Hanging cone arrangement:

Small handheld bouquet:



And the best gift I could dream of, a handful of Lily of the Valley:




till next time, O

No comments:

Post a Comment